We hope you will be joining us and thousands of special educators in St. Louis, Missouri for CEC’s Annual Convention and Expo! CEC’s Convention will provide us all with an opportunity to reflect on special education and how we can continue to advance the profession and support better outcomes for children and youth with disabilities and gifts and talents. This year’s convention will offer over 800 professional development sessions featuring the most pressing issues in the field, as well as speakers and celebrations you won’t want to miss!
CEC’s Policy and Advocacy team will be bringing to you the hot policy topics from budget to ESSA and beyond! Here is the schedule of events:
- All Week – CEC’s Legislative Action Center: Come by CEC’s Legislative Action Center in CEC Central to learn more about the 114th Congress, CEC’s policy initiatives and the advocacy that you can do on behalf of children and youth with exceptionalities, their families and the professionals who work with them!
- Wednesday, April 13, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Room 227 Convention Center: What Every Educator Needs to Know About Coming Changes to Special Education Policy – Deb Ziegler, Director, CEC.
- Thursday, April 14, 10:30 – 11:30 AM – Room 226 Convention Center: What’s New and Notable in the National Center for Special Education Research – Joan McLaughlin, Commissioner, NCSER.
- Thursday, April 14, 3:30 – 4:30 PM – Room 226 Convention Center: ESSA – Ruth Ryder, Acting Director, OSEP.
- Friday, April 15, 9:15 – 11:30 AM – Room 226 Convention Center: What’s Happening in Washington - Ruth Ryder, Acting Director, OSEP and Deb Ziegler, Director, CEC.
- Saturday, April 16, 9:15 – 10:15 AM – Room 226 Convention Center: IDEA Reauthorization Town Hall - Deb Ziegler, Director, CEC, Antonis Katsiyannis, President, CEC, Tim Lewis, Chair IDEA Work Group, CEC.
Click here for more info on CEC’s 2016 Convention! Hope to see you in St. Louis!
If you are not able to join us in St. Louis look for handouts and PowerPoint presentations from the convention that will be posted to CEC’s website after the convention.