Educators can use the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) data backpack tools to better understand student performance on the test and make informed decisions that improve student achievement. The data backpack helps educators identify NAEP’s proficient level of achievement and see how their state or district performance compares to the rest of the nation. The tool also provides information about district-level NAEP performance and how in-school and at-home factors affect student achievement, and allows educators to explore NAEP lessons on technology-based assessments.
Use the data backpack to discover ways you can:
- Explore Achievement - learn how students are performing nationwide and in your state or district.
- Understand Contexts for Learning - learn how factors in school and at home affect student achievement.
- Expect High Standards - see what NAEP's proficient level of achievement looks like — and how your state compares.
- Encourage College Preparedness - find out what NAEP tells us about being academically prepared for college.
- Discover Technology in Assessment - explore NAEP's innovations and lessons about the future of technology-based assessments.
Click here to view all the resources.