The National Council on Disability (NCD) developed the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Report Series on the implementation of IDEA. NCD is an independent federal agency charged with advising the President, Congress, and other federal agencies regarding policies, programs, practices, and procedures that affect people with disabilities. NCD is comprised of a team of Presidential and Congressional appointees, an Executive Director appointed by the Chair, and a full-time professional staff.
The IDEA five-part series include the following reports:
- Broken Promises: The Underfunding of IDEA
- English Learners and Students from Low-Income Families
- Federal Monitoring and Enforcement of IDEA Compliance
- Every Student Succeeds Act and Students with Disabilities
- The Segregation of Students with Disabilities