The U.S. Department of Education recently made available state tables for the FY 2017 Appropriation, and FY 2018 and FY 2019 estimates. Funds included in the State-by-State tables are for agency programs that allocate funds to States or local educational agencies using statutory formulas. The tables also include financial support from selected student aid programs that provide funds to post-secondary institutions located in the State, as well as the new federally supported loans made to students attending post-secondary institutions located in the State.
Each of the State tables by State shows subtotals for:
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act programs;
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act programs;
- All elementary and secondary education programs;
- Postsecondary education programs;
- Rehabilitative services and disability research programs; and
- Student loan volume.
The totals do not reflect all Department of Education funds that a State receives. States and other entities may also receive Department funds awarded on a competitive basis.