Last week the U.S. Department of Education announced six new grant awards which totaled to $4.1 million through the Charter Schools Program (CSP) National Leadership Activities program. These grants were created to help strengthen charter schools and charter school authorizers, while aiding to serve students with disabilities and English learners. The Department has made these key issues a priority for helping charter schools.
The six grantees will provide technical assistance and training and share effective practices with charter schools across the country. The grantees are:
- the Alameda County Office of Education;
- the California Charter Schools Association;
- the Illinois Network of Charter Schools;
- the Massachusetts Charter Public School Association;
- the National Association of Charter School Authorizers; and
- New Schools for New Orleans.
These Grants will run for three years. To view each grantee project abstracts click here.