As someone who advocates for your students every day, you need to attend CEC’s National Legislative
Conference and bring your passion to Capitol Hill.
At CEC’s National Legislative Conference you will:
- Gain the experience and confidence you need to successfully communicate with policymakers.
- Visit U.S. Congressional offices and advocate for students with exceptionalities.
- Meet with Washington’s top policymakers and learn how education reforms – including new standards, assessments and funding – are affecting you and your students.
- Develop skills to effectively advocate for yourself with your local school administrators and policymakers about new special education teacher evaluation systems.
- Share ideas and solutions to challenges with like-minded colleagues from across the country.
Invited speakers include members of Congress, officials from the U.S. Department of Education, expert U.S. Congressional staffers, and leaders from national organizations.
We know that you value the work CEC’s policy team does in Washington, but we can’t do it alone. There’s never been a more important time for YOU to be on the Hill with CEC.
Learn more about CEC’s National Legislative Conference and become an activist. Register today and find out how you can earn professional development hours.