The U.S. Department of Education’s Charter Schools Program is seeking reviewers to evaluate applications for the 2012 Charter School Program Exemplary Collaboration Awards competition. This grant program is focused on encouraging high quality charter schools who partner with non-chartered public schools to collaborate on best practices in education and operation, and the dissemination of that information. These collaborations can focus on a wide variety of areas including special education services and providing students with disabilities access to charter schools by way of transportation, professional development and training, and the climate of the schools.
If you are interested in applying as a peer reviewer for this program, please email a copy of your resume or CV to email@example.com by August 7, 2012. This should clearly address the background of your expertise in charter schools.
The CSP is seeking peer reviewers with expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- State Educational Agency (SEA) charter school program grant administration
- Charter management organizations
- Charter school planning, program design, and implementation
- High-quality charter school start-up and expansion
- Charter school assessment and evaluation
- Charter school policy and research
- Charter school authorizing
- Charter school technical assistance and resources
- Charter school leadership and professional development
- Charter school administration and operation
In addition, peer reviewers are required to have access to the internet and to participate in one orientation conference call as well as several others throughout the review process. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.